Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Herschbach

Consumer Demand For Gold Hits Record High

5 posts in this topic

Global consumer demand for gold hit its highest level ever in the second quarter, spiking to 1,083 tons, up 53% compared to the same time last year.

Most of that demand came from China and India, where consumers rushed to buy jewelry, coins and gold bars.

The latest report from the World Gold Council showed that jewelry sales made up more than half of the total gold tonnage sold to consumers in the quarter.

More at http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/15/investing/gold-demand-record/index.html

Gold moved up sharply today. Perhaps we have seen the bottom of this correction and gold will begin moving in an upward direction again.

Seems like every "expert" I see on TV thinks gold will be going down for the long run. I've even seen predictions of $700 and $800 dollar an ounce figures thrown about and recommendations to short precious metals. When the market gets too lopsided in one direction it normally changes momentum. We will see what happens.

See more also at: http://www.kitco.com/ind/Maund/2013-08-13-Gold-Market-Update.html

India marrying month is September and ya can't even give them brides away without a dowry=GOLD by the pound. Massive amount bought every year to get'r'done India style. John

As long as gasoline at the pump remains above $4...

We'll not see $1,000 spot price irregardless of consumer demand.

We'll be constantly harassed to buy rather than mine our own fair share.

Cash-in and take gold however possible.

Cochetopa likes this

Has anyone/have you heard about this site, [advertisement removed by moderator]? It looks like they
offer silver eagles at spot