Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rod Seiad

Lifestraw Personal Water Purofier

10 posts in this topic

No experience here either Rod. But it does look good and the reviews are good too. I will probably order one from Amazon because I never heard of the other place. Thanks for the tip.

Killjoy :D   I'll look up your deal, but still getting the cheap trick too......  Gotta be better than drinking  out of a hoofprint as everyone I've met from Texas claims to do.

Ronald C likes this

You have to look at the specs on these. The $100 filters do a lot more than the straws to remove some types of problems. I took a $100 filter with me to Africa. In desert areas you could wait a long while for rain. Local waters I figured to be full of disease. I drank only bottled water but wanted an emergency alternative.

Something to think about, I don't know the brands but ive used 2 different ones over the yrs. They are the qt. bottles with the carbon filter inside, one is squeezable and the other is hard plastic with short straw attached.(I don't like that one) The squeezable one has a pop top like the ones in sports. Cool thing with this one is you can put powdered Gatorade in a empty bottle, take cap off filter bottle/fill and instantly squeeze the filtered water into the powdered jug. Good for like 1000 gal. and don't think their over $50  

When you don't have to protect yourself from harmful bacteria, protozoa, or cysts like E. coli, Giardia, Vibrio cholerae and Salmonella typhi, you can go cheaper.

Kurt

I've read a lot about the life straw... it looks like a pretty cool project.  Did anybody see the youtube video of a science teacher drinking waste water through a life straw?  If I can figure out how to link youtube I will.