Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elijah W

Russia Threatening To Drop The Dollar

6 posts in this topic

This isn't something that mainstream US media is covering, but if you look in some foreign media you'll find the story. Russia has threatened to dump all their holdings in US dollars onto the world market if the US gets involved in the Ukraine. Russia's ally China has indicated they will follow suit. The result would be a massive loss in value to the dollar. I'm not giving any financial advice here, but I've pulled all my savings from banks and from the markets. I'll hold some cash, and I've put the rest into gold and silver. I think a prudent person would follow this situation very closely.

Unfortunately, we depend on the dollar...

Got gas?  :)

When I buy gas, there isn't a slot at the pump for "gold".

I have been looking for a slot for "gold" at the automated check out at Walmart. There isn't one.

When I buy online, there's Visa, MasterCard, Paypal. Those are the options.

What happens when the dollar heads south? Prices go up. A Big Mac might be $50.00. Gas might be the same. Most people whine about gas prices when it costs $100.00 for a fill up. Imagine a $1000.00 fill up.

- Geowizard 

This would be a good time for our Fed to halt the printing presses for awhile.  Threat for threat.  If we brought the dollars back to the USA, it would knock the props out from under Russia and China.  The world economy would grind metal to metal contact until it froze-up.  The dollar is the only manufactured currency which greases the wheels of commerce.

China has already made noises about replacing the USD for international settlements. not much other than sentiment keeping the dollar there.