Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Harn - Editor

Getting Started On The Forum

9 posts in this topic

Existing Accounts

Use your email address and password to log in like you would normally. If you have forgotten your password, just click on the "Forgot your password?" link on this page: http://www.icmj.com/login.php  Follow the instructions and our system will send you an email.

post-1-0-64986800-1364578449_thumb.jpg

If you have a print subscription with us but we don't have an email on file for you, the system obviously won't find a match when your using the "Forgot my password?" method.  Give us a call or send me an email and we will add your email address to your subscription account, then you can view your subscription information and expiration date, change your mailing address, renew your subscription, or use the forum all with the same account.

Creating a New User Account

You may want to start by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link on this page: http://www.icmj.com/login.php and entering your email address. If you placed an online order or had a subscription in the past, your email and account information may already be in our system. The system will tell you if your email is already on file and send you your password. Then you can log in and update your information without having to use another email address.

If you are not in the system, then you'll need to create a new account. Don't be confused when it requires you to enter a billing address and mailing address -- our forum is free and you won't be receiving a bill for using it! It was much easier for us to utilize one, integrated database for our magazine subscribers and forum users. And, if you try the forum and then decide you would like to subscribe to the Prospecting and Mining Journal, you won't have to create another account or re-enter all that information.

Click on the "Create Account" link in the very top right corner to create a new user account. Enter the required information, including the security code at the bottom, and click "Submit."

post-1-0-95653200-1364578448_thumb.jpg

Possible Error Messages

Error Message: "That email address already exists"

If the system says "That email address already exists" it means you already have an account on file with us. (It may be from a past subscription or online order.) Go to http://www.icmj.com/login.php and click on the "Forgot your password?" link. Follow the instructions and our system will send you an email.

Error Message: "That user name already exists"

User names must be unique. This is the name that will appear when you post messages.  If you receive this message, try a different name or simply alter it by adding a number, etc.

Need Some Help?

We are here in the office from 8am - 5pm Pacific Time, Monday - Friday; 831 479-1500. Please call and ask for me -- Scott Harn.

I will be posting some more tips here shortly.

I set up my account just fine with no issues.  What I am having a problem with is when I log in I check the box "remember me".  On other forums when you check the box "remember me" you no longer have to log in.  This forum doesn't remember me.  I have to log in each time I come on the forum even with the box checked "remember me".

Never mind.  I found the problem.  It was a cookie on my computer.

Hello

I have only been here a few days, I have found some highly experienced people on this site. 

But like all forums, you will find someone who can be very annoying when they post misinformation and believe that supplying any information that relates to the subject, only because they know how to use google search, will somehow make them look intelligent.

My question, is  there an ignore button on this site?