Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwj3

Seeking Divers For Proposed Tv Docuseries

7 posts in this topic

Pitch 5 Productions, a TV production company that specializes in non-fiction and reaility-style series for cable, is interested in talking to divers who go into whirlpools, narrow canyons and other turbulent, fast-moving water in rivers to pursue gold. The divers will be interviewed via Skype. Location and timeline of the series are to be determined, but may involve rivers in Alaska, the Yukon and Idaho. If you are interested or have questions, please email donovanjacobs442@yahoo.com.

If I were in pursuit of gold, I sure wouldn't be in a whirlpool or other turbulent fast moving water. Gold doesn't settle there, yet you want to make a TV series?

Clay likes this

If you were aware of this stuff, you'd know the EPA is working to ban dredging in Idaho, so what few dredgers are still working probably dont want to put themselves on TV.

I spent last couple of weekends in the only waters left in Idaho that are still open.  The current was swift and we had to tied the dredge nozzle off upstream and float it into our hole so we could hold onto something and not be swept downstream.  This was with a 50 lb weight belt as well.  The gold was decent but the current kicked our collective butts.  I could't imagine diving in a whirlpool or narrow canyon with any type of velocity.  

As part of the EPA permit process, I was allocated 16 total hours for the season on one of the three creeks still left open close to Boise. What a shame.....