Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K Rose

High Altitude Drywashing

4 posts in this topic

I have a question. When drywashing in northern New Mexico (which by the way is not really new and not really Mexico),I have run into a problem with the air/gas ratio on the blower motors.I have not been able to find a brand that has a manual adjustment . Does anyone know where I can purchase a leaf blower that has a manual adjustment for the carburetor ??? I have considered buying one in a high altitude community somewhere where I figure the factory has preset them for such places but would much rather have one that I can adjust as needed.----K Rose

I think most blower carbs have an adjustment... you just can't buy the tool that fits over the adjustment screw.(even the dealers have a hard time getting them)

I found that if you can get some thin wall plastic tubing, it will slip over the screw. Back out the screw and cut a slot for a flat blade screwdriver.

Won't be long until all equipment will have to be connected to a computer and the manufacturer will adjust them for a fee.

I think Harry is correct, the two stroke engines I've worked with have two carb adjustments, one for high speed and one for low speed.  They are covered up or otherwise made difficult to adjust but you can find a way to adjust them.  What model blower do you have, maybe we can help figure it out?

Bob

Small stainless steel tubing, dab of JB weld, slip it over the adjustment screws, let it harden real good, and within 24 hours you'll have easily adjustable air/fuel mixture controls. For fingertip controls, I recommend JB welding or epoxying a little section of vacuum hose or the small rubber tips that you put over vacuum lines on a carb over the tubing you just glued in place. My drywasher blower and gold vac motors run perfect, so I didn't have to do any modifications, but since I saw it on the internet somewhere, it stuck in my memory of a guy doing this to his small 2 stroke motors. Beats spending $200+ on the tools that the EPA requires only "authorized" dealers use to make the adjustments.

rodoconnor likes this