Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reno Chris

5 Days Of Dry Washing

9 posts in this topic

Been out with my dry washer for 5 days straight, though the last two days I kind of took it easy as I was getting sore. Total take was 8 dwt - or about 0.4 ounces.

The picture shows 113 detected nuggets on the right and a little more than half an ounce of dry washed gold on the left.

post-2-0-86228400-1410921715_thumb.jpg

That looks really nice Chris!

Did you find this spot with your metal detecting or did you perform some type of sampling to locate it?  I am always curious how people find their paystreaks.

The nugget patch was found with a Minelab SDC 2300, and because there was a large number of smaller nuggets in a limited area, I brought in the dry washer to capture what the detector could not see.

The total of both the dry washed and detected gold is 1.15 ounces.

Geowizard - the amount of ground is tiny. Its like 10 cubic yards max, that was left behind by the old timers who worked the area and washed away the bulk of the gravels down this ravine. Just not enough volume of material to pursue larger scale equipment. If somehow there were loads of this stuff all over the place, yah, that would be awesome to work on a larger scale.

Chris,

Yes, good point. :)

I liked the article you wrote in the ICMJ Mining Journal about flagging nugget  locations in order to view the nugget patch with an eye for direction, and possible trending.

Was this the same locality?

- Geowizard

That was an article by Ray Mills - not me. So, no, it was not the same place. Ray Hunts mostly up by Redding in Northern California and I am further east, closer to Reno and Tahoe.

That was an article by Ray Mills - not me. So, no, it was not the same place. Ray Hunts mostly up by Redding in Northern California and I am further east, closer to Reno and Tahoe.

There were several very good articles this month.  You and the rest of the staff are doing a great job with the magazine.

- Bob

Chris,

A round of applause on ""Conductive Minerals and Your Metal Detector". This information is the basis for the airborne EM surveys that are flown by many companies that are exploring Alaska and other places. :)

- Geowizard

Here is a photo of the little patch - the dirt in front of Steve - just to show how small an area it was. It did stretch uphill a ways behind Steve, but it was small.

post-2-0-81052600-1413467426_thumb.jpg

Au+ and Clay like this