Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Nome Dredging Journal

7 posts in this topic

If you want to read about mining gold in Nome without the fake stuff, go check out my journal. My son Spence and I have been going to Nome for 22 years and know what we are doing. Good photos and a laugh or two. Lots of gold.

http://www.ssdsupply.com/alaska.htm

Click on the years at the bottom of the page for more stories.

Edited by chickenminer
clarify link to Nome dredging stories

Noticed Spence relieving the walrus of it's head.

That was a no-no when I lived in Alaska in the 90's, unless you were native.

Have things changed since then?

Bob

Dead walrus that wash up on the beach are legal to take the head and tusks. You must get them tagged but that is not much trouble. The trouble is the bloody, gory mess getting the head cleaned. Once is enough. I just want the gold.

(Steve -- sorry, but we don't allow advertisements. --post edited by Scott Harn)

Hi Steve - I did edit your post on the forum as the purpose for the forum really isn't for people to advertise their business - its part of what you agreed to when you signed up for this forum.  I'd love to hear about your prospecting adventures in Alaska, but I edited your post to be that if people are interested in your business, they can check out your website.

Do you ever do any prospecting there in the south? The southern states once were a pretty large source of gold.