37 posts in this topic

I wanted to mention the rainbow 3 anomaly though. It is 2 1/2 miles down Ganes Creek from Baumeister Bench on the west side of Ganes Creek.

Here's the geophysical signature: (courtesy Alaska DNR DGGS GPR2011-2)

rainbow_3_anomaly.png

This is a deep non-magnetic, low resistivity anomaly.

Ok so, from my new understanding... The Low magnetic resonating area (the rainbow 3 colored) is characteristic to a gold lode because it  is a deep non-magnetic anomaly. This is because gold doesnt produce an magnetic signature? Not meaning that there is gold there, but the likelyness of precious metals ?

So then, Quartz carries no electrical current vs gold that carries electrical current well. Which is not the same with Magnetite and Gold. Where as Magnetite will absorb an electric current, and gold conducts it . So any material that obstructs electricity ( High Resistivity ) Makes it more difficult to locate gold. I think!

Sorry! Wasn't trying to junk up your thread, your completely right. I guess I got a little over excited about Geophysics, It really is such an exciting subject I guess I tend to over do it.

I have to admit I am VERY excited about this technology Geowizard!  I appreciate all your Wizard Wisdom and look forward to exploring and drilling with your help ;)

I am happy to report that there are State Governments like Alaska that funds mineral surveys.

They provide funding for Geophysical and Geochemical surveys.

- Geowizard

For those members of the ICMJ Forum and others;

Prospecting is moving into a new realm that uses computers and the latest technology for exploration.

- Geowizard