37 posts in this topic

Did not know if you guys saw this yet, additional downloads available tomorrow.  As I understand it these are in addition to the Magsurvey of the Iditarod area that we were discussing before.    

Link  Here     

Kuskokwim area geophysical data release     UPDATE: Technical difficulties have forced us to postpone the next
    geophysical data release, until Friday, November 15 at 3pm. We
    regret the inconvenience. The aeromagnetic and electromagnetic geophysical
    survey data for the Kuskokwim area (Southern Dishna River, Fox Hills, and Beaver
    Creek) will be released in DVD and paper formats at the DGGS office, 3354
    College Road in Fairbanks. Digital files of the data and maps will also be
    available at no cost on the division website.

"This may seem extreme;"---Geo

Not to me it doesn't.  It makes logistical logic and excellent earning potential.  You'll be more capable to act and help others.

I have a good buddy who flew combat in Nam, he still flies (68 yrs), humanatarian missions worldwide.  The earnings fuel his fun-loving lifestyle.  He only flies, no ownership nor maintanence.  I've enjoyed at least 100 flights with him in the past 40 years.  You can't match the time saveing a helicopter in good hands provides.

Geowizard likes this

The survey has been released! :)

Finally!

More surveys are becoming available. Alaska provides an excellent opportunity for prospecting!

To be continued! :)

-Geowizard

"2. The Fox Hills survey has the best mineralization I have ever seen!  Problem is... it is (for most of us) un-accessible. The ground is not TA'd or is under control of ANICLA." 

For those of us behind the curve, what did you say?

There are different rules that apply to every different type of ownership of the domain.

Some are owned largely by Native Corporations. State domain is preferred for prospecting and mining.

- Geowizard

Yes, there really are places in the world that encourage and promote mining!

States need help in locating and developing valuable mineral deposits including GOLD!

To be continued... :)

- Geowizard

Geophysics is an important piece in the whole puzzle of the search for mineral deposits. Geologic maps, geochemical soil samples and geologic models all go with geophysics to provide a fuller picture to the prospector / exploration geologist.