Ricky D N

Electric Powered High Banker

16 posts in this topic

Here is Washington state we have seasons on placer mining to work around the salmon and steelhead spawning seasons , but if you are running an electric pump powered by a battery and your high banker riffle area is 3 square ft or less you can run it year round, mine is powered by a 3700 GPH sub pump , it does recover more gold than I had originally anticipated , I am using miners moss and expanded metal in the box... :D Has anyone else tried this method yet , I am also using a RV  12 volt battery it runs this unit up to 12 hours..

Jim Rattlesnake S and Ronald C like this

I use one of those "jump start" batteries. Plug into ac or dc to charge. Runs my Gold Cube all day and doesn't quit. Easy to pack. I believe I paid about $50 at Wally World.

I use a smaller gel cell type sealed battery for my dry washer. For the dry washer it lasts more than a day. I have a couple of them and can switch them in and out. The down side of a full RV battery is just the weight of carrying it around.

Here is Washington state we have seasons on placer mining to work around the salmon and steelhead spawning seasons , but if you are running an electric pump powered by a battery and your high banker riffle area is 3 square ft or less you can run it year round, mine is powered by a 3700 GPH sub pump , it does recover more gold than I had originally anticipated , I am using miners moss and expanded metal in the box... :D Has anyone else tried this method yet , I am also using a RV  12 volt battery it runs this unit up to 12 hours..

I've been thinking on getting the same set up you have. My research says it should work just fine.

What high banker did you get? Where did you find that big 12volt pump?

Thanks!

Jim,

Ebay is full of bilge/submersible pumps. Just search.

I have a 4000 GPH 12V Johnson bilge pump that I use for

priming my 6" diesel pump. Never had any problem with it.

Jim,

Ebay is full of bilge/submersible pumps. Just search.

I have a 4000 GPH 12V Johnson bilge pump that I use for

priming my 6" diesel pump. Never had any problem with it.

Thanks! I'll give eBay a look.

Carring around an RV battery is easy I use a wheel barrel to move my equipment ! You have to be smarter than the tools you are working with !!!!

I picked up my pump on ebay also I have an 2200 GPH Johnson sub pump and I was going to run them on one high banker it would pump about 5900 GPH and  I could move a little more material , connect them both to a y and crank em up !! I will take a second battery with me in my wheel barrel still a lot lighter and less bulky than my Honda semi trash pump and you don't need ear protection you just hear the sound of water running !! I like it !

Also gas prices have almost no bearing on running your electric motors , just charge you batteries every couple of days and you are ready to go , who said wind and solar was a bad idea ! They are the future ! :wub:

You could also use a small solar panel and keep the battery charged. Don't know if someone makes a 6v pump but if they did a 6v golf cart battery would probably last several days depending on the draw. Big difference between auto / marine batteries and a deep cell battery. Just need to be careful on how they are charged. You also never want to discharge the battery past 50% and let it sit without a recharge.