Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geowizard

Aa Spectrometer Assay

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am probably only one of a few prospectors that own an AA spectrometer.

Feel free to ask questions here!

I will add content on the subject in following days.

- Geowizard

That's a nice unit, if a little old. Still if properly maintained it will do well and give you accurate numbers, and that's what counts.I wish I had one, including the space and other requirements to use one. Have you used it a lot or is it newly acquired?

Good ol' AAs never die. My Microderm Beta-Ray backscatter analyizer probes finally died and the government will NOT let them sell me the radioactive isotopes for the probes anymore so sold to a PC mfg. company. Non destructive but radiation analyizer. Soooo much lost to NEW age laws sic sic sic-tons a au 2 u 2-John :angry: 

I have an older Varian Spect5AA that I acquired when the local university upgraded all their equipment.  I even got all their lamps for testing various other metals.  Sometimes, it helps to be a chemist, even an old one!!

My only problem is that mine is not portable.  Samples in AK must come home for testing.

Been having my testing done with an XRF machine.  Paul Noll out of Talent, Ore.  He is a miner there and gives good feedback.

:)