Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sampson Resouces

Bonding? Action Plan?

9 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone.  I have been looking into bonding and so forth, and of course the information available on the BLM site is not real helpful.  I am hoping/planning to place a 40ft. shipping container on my claim by early summer.  The connex will have our mill/recovery, tools, generators, and a water tank. 

Do I need to notify the BLM of this?  Will I need a reclamation bond?  What are the steps I need to take to do this properly?  Our recovery system is entirely gravity based. 

What difference does it make if I use a creek on the claim for water, or a closed recirculating system?  As far as the BLM sees it. 

I really need help in this area, Thanks GUYS!

There should be a person in the BLM district office that would be able to answer your questions.  Here in Az, there is a "bond calculator" spreadsheet that you fill in and it computes your bond.  A friend got a NOI to do some placer mining in the desert with a backhoe and wash plant last Winter.  The bond was reasonable and refunded as soon as the project was completed.  Every district office will most likely be worlds different.

In Az, it seems that the BLM prefers you bring in your own water and recirculate it.  My friend had a water truck deliver a couple loads into a holding pond.  We don't have many running streams in the desert anyway.  Using water from a nearby natural source would be best, but your local authorities may make you jump through all sorts of hoops to use it.  Good luck with your project.

Sampson ...

Not sure what State you are in, but before you place ANYTHING on your federal claims you

best contact your local BLM office and get the permit process going.

You're going to be dealing with 43 CFR 3809 regs and the 43 CFR 3715 regs.

At the least you will be required to do a Notice. A lot depends on any special status your

claim may be under.

Good luck !

Thanks Chicken.  I've done a lot more research and found some REALLY good information on the National Forest Service website.  My claim is in a national forest.  I even found an awesome guide that is for the Rangers to reference to when dealing with any sort of bond situation and planning in hardrock mines and placer.  I'm going to post the link below because there is SO much useful information pertaining to anyone in my situation.  I mean I can't even believe the government has such good information actually viewable on the web!!!

ADMINS: (Reno)  PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THIS LINK, IM TELLING YOU GUYS THIS IS VALUABLE INFORMATION!!!  IT'S A 136 PAGE GUIDE FOR RANGERS THAT HAVE TO ESTIMATE BONDS AND WORK WITH MINERS ON THEIR POO'S (PLANS OF OPERATION) 

www.fs.fed.us/geoglogy/bond_guide_042004.pdf