Ground penetrating radar   1 member has voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for the services for someone to detect by radar hidden precious minerals in a hard rock formation?

• 5% of the find after extraction costs
    • 10% of the find after extraction costs
    • 15% of the find after extraction costs
    • 50% of the find after extraction costs
    • 80% of the find after extraction costs
    • $200 per radar generated immage
    • $10,000 per day of testing
    • Another offer you my have
  2. 2. If the radar operator identified, extracted, processed to near pure concentrate, what is the minimum you be willing to receive back from operator?

• 10%
    • 15%
    • 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

All responses are accurate as current configured GPR systems don't work.  Simple physics makes it impossible.  One of the pieces of equipment that was tested, with good results, at the 16:1 Mine in Alleghany I am currently evaluating.  It is a new design that overcomes the operational shortcomings of current available GPR equipment.  With further testing we may be able to detect specific minerals and metals by their signatures within their home environment.  Currently am looking for varied environments to do further testing, so someday we may call it a metal detector too.

FreeGoldFan,

This sounds pretty interesting.  Tell us more when you can.  Just working with the 16:1 must be exciting.  I passed by years ago, but unfortunately no tours on the day I was there.

Computers have given us the capability to analyze huge amounts of data quickly, to make comparisons between collected raw data input with advanced collection methods, and to display results in near real time. This will give prospectors & miners the ability to perform many tests per day in the field. When the target area being tested is confined and controlled then small minute differences within the data collected becomes apparent where current GPR is to broad and uncontrolled and at best you might see some "contrast" but cannot discern any more that that.

How's the Poll doing?

GPR is too heavy, too bulky, too expensive, requires too much power for portability and... it does not and can not work for the intended purpose.

The mine needs to look like a concrete floor. Then you can image the floor. Image the walls? No - not practical to hold the GPR sensor up on the wall and roll it along.

The instrument uses very exact timing to measure electromagnetic "echos" from pings that are timed according to wheel rotation. If the wheels do not rotate properly and the distance changes between the sensor and the rock formation, the image becomes jittery and unintelligible.

The instrument will image the echo from the first (closest) target in view. Targets behind or beyond the front most reflector cannot be imaged. It works well on a concrete floor with rebar or piping that needs to be imaged. It is used to image burial locations. It can be used to image buried objects like a box buried in dirt. 

- Geowizard 

Geowizard. What you say is true for the existing GPRs that you know about! What I have is totally different in most all ways. Someday I may be able to share more details. The only one prototype unit I have, in existence, is still in R&D. We need to do more field testing and accumulate more documented history of performance before becoming public.

Do you have a hard rock mine we could do some testing in?

Polling? Doesn't seem like I have any responses yet. What is it worth to you if I could find 100+ oz. of gold for you that you didn't know you have been walking past every day in your mine tunnel?

FreeGoldFanatic,

I understand. Unfortunately, I sold all of my hard rock mines a few years ago. Thanks for the offer!

There's plenty of hard rock miners that you could probably work a deal with though.

- Geowizard

I have a gpr that I am still learning.But I see it picks up black sand and minerals as if it were metal.If there was actual metal compared to mineralization or placer.The edges will be sharper on the screen.

After reading all the comments and putting them together,perhaps I may have wasted money on it.

Never know though,it may come in handy for something.