Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sampson Resouces

Fine Float Gold

7 posts in this topic

Maybe this is a stupid question since the answer is probably no, but I'll try anyway.  So is there any little secret people have learned to help keep fine gold from floating away so easily?  I'm talking really fine gold, in the 300-400 mesh range.  We run a 4'x8' shaker table with our material classified to -70 mesh,  we are currently using Jet Dry added to the water.  Any ideas?

Your saying an RP-4 catches 300-400  mesh gold?  As far as I know those tables were designed for placer mining.  I've watched that particular table run hard rock ore and it only caught gold that was in the 150 mesh range, and larger.  Not to mention table was dialed in very well.  I just don't think they have to working space to catch 400 mesh gold.  Honestly very few tables are going to catch gold that small with an acceptable recovery percentage rate. 

Has anyone tried the "Clay be gone" from Action Mining?  If you have tried and used it, would you say it was any better than Jet Dry?  I'm guessing it's probably just Jet Dry purchased in bulk and put into a bottle with the label above. 

Some dish soaps contain random oils in them to keep your soft womanly hands.  I would recommend never using a dish soap if you don't have Jet Dry available.  Maybe try adding a nice scented bubble bath if you don't have Jet Dry; I'm thinking something with lavender would do the trick just fine.                                                                                                                                        Just kidding. 

You may be right on that size?  I never measured it. All I know is that it is small and a lot of it is like paste

When I put it in a pan I need Jet Dry or it all floats away.

This was crushed ore.

Sampson Resouces likes this

Tables - and honestly anything using gravity concentration - will have a tough time getting 400 mesh gold. I am not saying it wont get any, but it wont get a high percentage. Gold of 400 mesh is stuff that would best be cyanided. On the other hand, 150 mesh should be OK, so long as its properly adjusted.

That's pretty much my thoughts too.  I wish someone would invent a chemical that did the job, and was biodegradable.  Oh well I guess that's only to be desired.  Multi-million dollar idea for who does though. 

Joe B likes this