Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill R

California Dredging Ban Question..i'm Tempted To Start Dredging!

5 posts in this topic

My friend OWNS a large section of the South Fork American river which we dredged for several years, up until California enacted the illegal dredging ban of 2009. He OWNS the land, the minerals and the water rights on his property...So this actually has a higher degree of ownership than a Federal mining claim...His home is even on the property.

Bottom line..we have been going nuts trying to get back in the water to recover the minerals that he legally owns in the river.

I would even consider dredging for the sole purpose of video taping the State of California arresting me if I knew it could help the cause of California gold dredgers...If there is anyone who knows someone that could provide a direction and a game plan with this..PLEASE RESPOND.  Not being able to dredge despite Having ownership of the property, minerals and water rights is total B.S.  

Bill, the ICMJ gives a monthly legislative and regulatory update.  I'm not an authority on the topic.  I small-scale mine in Az and hope for the return of sanity and justice there in Ca.

As I understand, the dredging moratorium is still in a state of limbo until the Ca. State Supreme Court takes up the case.

So, some dredgers are back in the water taking the risk while some continue to wait.  If it was my property as you describe, I'd most likely be mining it.

The New 49ers website has a good summary of what's happening.  Give it a read.http://www.goldgold.com/mining-dredging-seasons.html

Bill - I understand what you are going through and I can very much relate to your frustration. There are thousands of miners who feel the same way about California's arbitrary and illegal decision to keep miners out of the water.

All I can say I that I am not a lawyer and I dont offer legal opinions.

There are some folks who are dredging and taking the risk - I don't know the legal outcome and I am not sure of the details of their operations.

Most I have heard, are doing so on the down low - as quietly as possible as to not attract any undue attention.

The bottom line is that if you go in the water, you have to make that decision for yourself. You might even consider consulting a lawyer before you do it.

I am reminded of a statement made by Patrick Henry in 1775.., "Give me liberty or give me death."

Many Americans have given their lives in order to preserve liberty. Government tyranny has an objective. The objective is to take away liberty. When liberty is taken away, we become "subjects" of a tyrannical government. It has become apparent that government wants to control "the people" by taking away our ability and/or liberty to mine and to produce gold.

- Geowizard    

I'm an attorney, and have some advice. Don't do it!

When challenging government agents horrible unforeseen things can happen. Lying and false charges, false evidence, etc.

You could be facing charges you never dreamed of and are completely innocent of. You and your family could be put

under electronic surveillance and it could be a life changing event for the worse.

Let the attorneys fight it out in court, if you can donate money do so.