Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carter

Taking Ownership Of Abandoned Mining Claim Equipment

10 posts in this topic

Anybody do the paperwork to aquire a piece of equipment from the state on a abandoned claim? What do they require, certain amount of time after filing, sending request to last claim holder? ect.

I guess it would depend on which state you are in. Here in New Mexico all mining claims claims are located on Federal land. To mine on state land you can not stake a claim. You must lease the land from the state. If I locate a mining claim on Federal land where there was a previous claim that was abandoned, I would guess that whatever was left on the claim would now be mine. Guessing that if the claim was abandoned, so was the equipment. The only paperwork required would be a location notice of a new claim on the abandoned one.

aquire a piece of equipment from the state

Could you clarify this - do you mean equipment located on state land, or equipment that was owned by the state, or???

it is on state land in Alaska that is basically abandoned from previous owner. It was placer claims and last lease permits were maybe 10yrs ago.

Yep, ive been into DNR in Fairbanks many times but was hoping someone on here went through the process and told me the hoops/timeframe they delt with