7 posts in this topic

Do you have any ideas how to finance a hard rock gold mine, I have tryed group funding, crowd funding , local ads and the internet, it appears most people not interested in the new wold wide gold rush. I am in a small area where 7 or more mines produced from 10,000 oz to 35,000 oz, close to the surface quaetz ore. Would like any info you may have.

Regards

Robert L Cox (Robin)

The easiest way is to offer a percentage of ownership to Exploration and Mining Companies. The more the owner does to promote interest in his site the more he can claim in percent of the profits. An absent tee owner who does nothing and turns all development over to another is worth 10%. Pretty good when you don't invest anything more than the land or a claim.

hello am new at this.my question is i look for claim but seem every body wants a arm and leg for them. i heard blm has some that not being used. but unable to find out more. any help would sure be nice thanks

Prospecting is all about what you know. The more knowledge you have the better off you will be. Many of the claims you see for sale were staked by folks who did their own prospecting and research, then found these claims for themselves and staked their own claims. I would urge you as a new prospector to read and prospect. Perhaps go out and join a club that has access to claims. Learn about finding gold before you invest in buying your own claim. Many people learn enough about prospecting that they eventually go out and stake their own claims.

Here is a pamphlet that tells much about staking a mining claim:

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/wo/MINERALS__REALTY__AND_RESOURCE_PROTECTION_/energy.Par.28664.File.dat/MiningClaims.pdf

Read the booklet above and you will know a lot more about mining claims than most folks. The BLM keeps records of claims - including both active, valid claims as well as abandoned ones that are no longer valid. The record system is known as LR2000. You can google LR 2000 and get loads of information on how to use that system. Not every abandoned claim is worth having - some are abandoned because they are no good. On the other hand, some good ones do get abandoned. There are books on gold deposits, and you can research maps and other sources then look things up on LR 2000. It isn't easy, but you can find your own claims - I have!