Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoldBellMining

Dredging And Mercury.

14 posts in this topic

So, green question here, what's the deal with mercury. I've tried to find information on the process of gold and mercury and was reading that interesting pdf, Is mercury a required part of dredge mining and nugget detecting, if so, where can I find more information on this process?

Nuttn' but bs fluff to make enviros drop their panties and fill environutz pockets with $$$$$. They filled every home,office and business with mercury filled glass bulbs but that's safe hahahaha NOT-John

If touching mercury killed you I would be long dead. Might explain some recent mental lapses though. Yeah, it was the mercury, that's it!

The legal danger far outweighs the other dangers and is far more real. Some of us ( you I am sure John) still remember when they went after Dave Mac over a drop of mercury.

And salt kills every plant,grass or shrub it comes in touch with. Mercury is a naturally occuring metal and the coastal ranges of kalif produced more than any other region on the planet. It's not IF but HOW you do anything  mining that "hurts"hahaha the enviroment.Every footprint hurts the earth,crushes or kills something,every branch you touch or blade of glass is affected by your presence-SO BLOODY WHAT... The EPA paperwork and analysis at happy camp was poundage and not a drop-John

Geo- Chlorine is the answer, think about it... every American household has a bottle of bleach under the sink?.....The ancients had it right it was the Cl in the NaCl ...the chloride "cl" is what dissolved the gold.

John- You wouldn't use salt in a modern process like the ancients did, so you wouldn't be killing all the plants the ancients probably did. Modern chlorine generation equipment uses the salt to make cl2 chlorine gas, used in a closed computer controlled reaction chamber make it a safe and environmentally friendly process. 

Goldbellmining- hopefully this has answered your questions

GoldBellMining likes this

Geo-  True the use of chlorides to dissolve gold is old technology.. I'm sure we can both agree on that fact. The new proprietary portion of the method I am talking about is in the precipitation phase. New resin technology has simplified and revolutionized the precipitation phase which result in a ecological friendly chlorine based chemistry method with recyclable solutions and virtually hazard free waste streams (compared to the most common methods), to recover gold and PGM. The process is currently being used at a placer mine in Mojave, California. www.sleepybearmining.com