Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slatco

Forest Service/blm/epa/msha/peta? Holy Cow I Feel For You Guys

3 posts in this topic

After reading numerous posts, you guys have my utmost sympathy and respect in regards to your mining endeavours. I cannot believe the agency approvals and non sense that you have to deal with in the US (even Alaska!) In British Columbia, our permit applications are sent to ministry of mines and then they send it out to the various different branches of gov that may be affected. The other branches have 30 days to comment and if they do not within that timeframe, consent is implied. Once the permit is granted, any action against a mine cannot be taken without a rep from Ministry of Mines present. MOM is actually there to represent your interests assuming you have not violated any condition of your permit. I complain about MOM sometimes but after reading about the bu****it my Southern neighbours have to go through I am very thankful about how good we have it.

Good luck out there guys, keep up the fight.

Clay likes this

Yep, even with a more liberal government, our Neighbors to the North in Canada are much more pro-mining than we are here in the states. It is on the miner to obtain all necessary permits and no one will spell out for you all the folks you need to contact. It is your responsibility to figure it out. All "mining agencies" are actually anti-mining agencies allied more closely with the environmental and other permit agencies than the miners.

That's a very considerate post Slatco,  It's nice to hear positive remarks concerning the interface between miners/government.  As Chris said, down here things aren't so equitable.

I'd like to alter the course of environmentalism that has become rooted in our country's agencies.  It seems we're gonna be choked down to nothing before the situation improves.  I seriously doubt that a college graduate who hires on in a mining related agency could be approved for employment without declaring their political bent towards organized environmentalism.

Good luck to you folks up there,  I hope our problems down here don't emigrate north.

Clay likes this