Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rich

Found Gold But Don't Want To Mine It

5 posts in this topic

Some relatives recently found (placer?) gold and came to me for help. After a few hours of picking through pretty rocks along a stream they were able to collect roughly 20 lbs of gold bearing rock. I'll see the tests later today hopefully, but I'm told it contains about 24 ounces of gold. It is on blm land and there is much more where it came from. I will be filing a claim sometime maybe in spring when the snow melts (maybe sooner?). 

Here is the thing...

I don't want to mine the find. I'm sure there is a learning curve that I just don't have the patience for. I don't want the upfront costs of equipment, the hassle of freezing my ass off at a high elevation, etc. Are there companies who will just buy a claim from you or work it for a profit share or something like that? I really don't want to be in the mining business. 

Well you came to the right place Rich.

Luckily, I am willing, for no charge, to remove that dirty-old-gold from your problem list.  Just show me where it is and I'll handle the details.

Where is the find located, exactly?

Thanks Rod. It is located in Colorado. I'm definitely looking for proposals, so let me know what you had in mind.

James, I'm still waiting on the assay report. Those figures were given to me word of mouth, so I'm kind of skeptical myself. Also, the sample was cherry-picked from the best of the bunch, so there's that too. 

The first thing to do is to go ahead and  start the process of filing the claim. If the assay comes back and it's not all that ,you can simply stop the proceedings from moving forward. IF the assay comes back to be what it is hyped up to be, you definitely don't want to drag your heels and have someone beat you to the punch. In the event of a 100 to 1 odds that the assay is that good don't trust ANYBODY until the claim is valid and you will not have any problems in finding takers to mine it. And like I said at the beginning, if the gold isn't there, your really not out anything but a little time. Just my humble opinion.----K rose chillin and mining in New Mexico (not really new, not really Mexico)