Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrezek

Processing Tailings

7 posts in this topic

Im going to start processing the many tons of tailings from the hardrock mines on my property 

To get started i'm going to use a 16" partnertuff chain mill and an RP7 table. I will eventually bring in a 1 ton per hour mill but I chose these to get started making a few bucks. i figured this was an inexpensive way to go.. 

It should also be able to get me the  assay samples i need to plan my attack. Does anyone have experience with these machines? and what should i expect as far as lbs per hour production?. 

From my experience it is better to have a jaw crusher before the chain mill. I have a 10" chain mill that can process faster than my jaw crusher which is rated at 400 lbs per hour.

I'm speaking of quartz ore.

Ever get the set up running?  I plan to try dry washing some old hard rock dumps in Nevada. Not a very efficient way to capture the values, but the dumps are just sitting there ready to process.

not yet 

My day job is developing high end residential home is the bay area. With all this rain it has delayed the sale of our current project. Also my new mine  got rocked with all this rain 

The river came up 20 ft so getting across will have to wait. The great news is that my last trip across i found the tunnel . i have been looking for. I found the main vein of the east belt of the motherlode. I blew out some samples and they came back at 5+ oz per ton. Now i have a viable mine worth investing in.. This spring is all repairing the old roads and building a bridge able to handle 10 ton.. The milling equipment will come in time. Baby steps. I have time on my side.

PB130210.jpg