leonard

Visiting an old ore processing facillity

10 posts in this topic

My pictures were taken in the late 1990's. Research shows that they were of the Bueno Mill. As close as I can make it, the mill was built in the late 70"s. It seems there is some interest in reopening or rebuilding the mill. There are newspaper articles and pictures from 2012. http://www.gettyimages.fr/photos/bueno-mill?excludenudity=true&sort=mostpopular&mediatype=photography&phrase=bueno mill

You can see more pictures of some of the equipment shown on my web page at the above link. I will do a little more looking as I'm interested in following up.

Leonard

10 hours ago, 907Au said:

Thanks for sharing ! Is that a large jaw crusher in the pics ?

Yes. The picture sequence shows the path of the ore as it goes through. I'm looking for my original pictures so I can expand the page but they were taken about 20 years and many hard drives ago.

Leonard

Hey, Leonard...good to hear from you again.  Been past that mill many times on my mountain bike.  Just love James Canyon and all the mining in that area.  It would be great to see renewed activity up there again, but bucking the greens of Boulder County is pretty daunting.  Come on back up here to Fairbanks and see my operation this summer.

I wandered around the area quite a bit in the late 90's. I have a lot of pictures taken in the Rip Van Damn mine a couple of miles downstream from Jamestown. I'll hve to dig them up and post a few.

I don't know about that mine, but in some Colorado mines (especially at Cripple Creek) that fine grained purple fluorite like that was associated with gold.