Blackbird

Auger Feed System

11 posts in this topic

Thanks, Robert. We'll check out that source. A posthole auger would be much too large for what we need. It only needs to be about a 2" spiral just to feed our shaker table.

I don't know where to buy one but I built my own using a wood drill bit for an auger a steel hopper that holds about 5 gallons of concentrates and a small gear motor that turns the auger

IMG_1012.JPG

I have more pictures but I couldn't seem to get them to load, the pics that did load are of the 1-1/2" wood auger and the flange bearings, the other is the start of the housing which is either steel conduit or automotive exhaust pipe the auger goes into the pipe and then a hopper was built, the drive motor is a small gear motor that turns very slow I can check but if I remember correctly about 1 rpm, I use a rehiostat switch (ceiling fan switch) to adjust the speed of the auger, when I use it I screen the concentrates with a 12 mesh screen everything smaller than 12 goes into the hopper and across the table

Thanks for the clarification. Jesse may have some questions after he looks this over but I think what you've provided will be enough for a millwright like him to go with! So appreciated.