Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Underburden

Cinco De Mayo Gold

6 posts in this topic

Although the creeks are running high and mighty in the back country, I was able to ford some fast water to reach a bench deposit on the opposite bank. First few hours of panning payed a few bits here and there and then while swirling the black sands, a glimmer of gold showed in the black sands.

A few more swirls and the gold appeared bigger and bigger. The final reveal exposed a nice chunk.

I couldn't understand how it got through my ¼" classifier, but it did thank God. A few more smaller chunks found their way to the sucker bottle before having to ford the creek once again for the final exit of the weekend.

Shovel and pan were the tools of the day.

May be a month before I can risk fording the creek once again as the water she's a risin'.

Bob

bobs+1st+nugget.jpg

one+point+six.jpg

Ronald C likes this

Agreed, very nice gold. Are you in Alaska? I've been hoping that someone is getting into the creeks up here. Winter is sticking around in most areas.

outnaboutnak,

North Central Idaho...moved down here from Wasilla back in '07. 

Working one of the earlier mining districts and even the Chinese didn't get it all !!!

Bob

That nice lil' picker sure beats a tequila hangover by far. Even the mexicans in mexico don't celebrate cinco de mayo as phoney-John