#1 Rule -- ADVERTISING IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM and you will be BANNED ON YOUR FIRST OFFENSE. I don't think we can make this any clearer -- this is not the place to post advertisements.
Welcome to our forum! We had a few glitches, but we seem to have most of the bugs worked out. Our goal is to provide a place for miners and prospectors of all skill levels to exchange information. Of course, we hope you will also discover that our monthly publication, ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal, is the other important piece of this information puzzle you can't live without. As most of you know, we have been serving the mining industry for a long time -- since 1931. It takes a long time to build a reputation for honesty and integrity, and we are seeking your help to remain an industry leader. We have an opportunity here with this forum to have some great exchanges of information. We have moderators, but it is impossible for them to monitor every message. We need your help to keep each forum on topic and to avoid posting derogatory or objectionable material. Off-topic posts will be deleted. Currently, your moderators are: Chris Ralph, Associate Editor, ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal
Chris has been writing for us since 2004, and he took on the role of Associate Editor in 2008. He has experience in small and large scale mining, in both surface and underground operations. Chris has a degree in Mining Engineering from Nevada's Mackay School of Mines. He is an individual prospector who has been prospecting in California, Nevada, Arizona and Alaska for many years, and recently made his first venture into Australia in search of gold. Chris contributes several articles each month, including our "Ask The Experts" column. (View the list of articles Chris has written for the Journal.) He is based in Reno, Nevada.
Scott Harn, Editor/Publisher, ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal
Scott is a third-generation Editor/Publisher for the Journal, following his father and grandfather. He took over as Editor/Publisher in 1999, though he has been involved with the Journal since the mid-1970s. Scott is a small-scale miner/dredger who has prospected in California, Oregon, Washington and Montana. He authors an article or two each month for the Journal, including the "Legislative and Regulatory Update" column. (View the list of articles Scott has written for the Journal.) Scott is based in Aptos, California.
Steve Herschbach, Senior Writer
Steve has been prospecting, highbanking, dredging, and metal detecting for gold since the early 70s. He eventually acquired a large placer and hardrock property at Moore Creek, Alaska and has claims at other locations in the state. Lately his prospecting ventures have expanded to Nevada, California, the UK and Australia. His interests have expanded to include gold, copper, silver, platinum, and even meteorites. Steve co-founded a dealership in 1976 that became one of the largest multi-line suppliers of prospecting and metal detecting equipment in the country. He is a respected writer and teacher, and has authored several articles for the Journal. (View a list of articles Steve has written for the Journal.) Steve is based in Alaska.
Dick Hammond (aka: chickenminer)
Dick has been a year-round resident of the remote little town of Chicken, Alaska for over 40 years. His entry into mining started as a youngster pulling rocks down a sluicebox for his grandfather, a start that just naturally turned into a career as a commercial placer miner in Alaska's historic Fortymile Mining District. He has fabricated much of his own mining equipment including trommels and shaker plants. His interests are varied, including winter prospecting, rockhounding, lapidary and just about all aspects of the placer industry.
The Fine Print - Terms of Service As mentioned above, we have a very popular monthly column in the Journal called "Ask The Experts." By use of this forum, you are consenting to the use of all or part of any information posted to this site for the possible use and benefit of others in the Journal. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal maintains this site as a service free of charge. By using any interactive services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms, conditions and notices relating to its use.
1. As a condition of your use of this site and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
2. This site contains one or more of the following interactive services: bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. You agree to use such services only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular service, area, group, forum, community or other message or communication facility. In addition to any other terms or conditions of use of any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities, you agree that when using one, you will not:
1. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, derogatory, defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information. 2. Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy of publicity unless you own or control such rights or have received all necessary consents. 3. Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer. 4. Advertise any goods or services for any commercial purpose without explicit permission from ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal. 5. Offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose without explicit permission from ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal. 6. Conduct or forward chain letters or pyramid schemes. 7. Download for distribution in any manner any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. 8. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others. 9. Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices, proprietary designations, labels of the origin, source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded. 10. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities.
3. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal has no obligation to monitor the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. However, ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal reserves the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
4. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers or hosts, none are authorized ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal.
5. The information, products, and services included on this Web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal may make improvements and/or changes in this Web site at any time. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied upon for personal, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
6. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, nor accuracy of the information, products and services contained on this site for any purpose. All such information, products and services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
7. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the information, products and services contained on this site, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
8. In no event shall ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, condequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected
1. with the use or performance of the site
2. with the delay or inability to use this site
3. with the provision of or failure to provide services, or
4. for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through this site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the site, whether based on contract, tory, strict liability or otherwise, even if ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal has been advised of the possibility of damages.
10. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this site is offered.
11. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California in the United States of America. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in California in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this site. Use of this site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal as a result of this agreement or use of this site. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
12. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal with respect to this site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written with respect to this site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
13. forum.icmj.com and icmj.com are a service offered by ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal, PO Box 2260, Aptos, CA 95001, incorporated under the State of California as California Mining Journal, Inc.
14. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2013 by ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal & California Mining Journal, Inc.
15. You are responsible for reviewing ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal Terms Of Service Policy. ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal reserves the right to modify Terms Of Service Policy at any time. Your continued use of the icmj.com and forum.icmj.com websites constitutes your consent to such changes.