Sign in to follow this  
Terry Cato

Gravel Transport

i have claims that we haven't dredged since 09...i am wondering if any miner has worked with the gravel transportation system and how they build their catch container..we want to get back in the water in june

Pretty inevitable given it was posted far and wide on the Internet. Some things are better off kept quiet.

Yes Sir

In the petition from CBD they used the widespread email in the request to change the definition. Pictures and all.

The CDFW suction site has a June 7 update on the proposed definition of a  dredge.

If it is read carefully, the cdfw will be able to shut down anything sucking water from a river. Not just Gravel transfer

Rick M

Pretty inevitable given it was posted far and wide on the Internet. Some things are better off kept quiet.

First post on the ICMJ forum.  Thanks for making it available.

Steve, like youself, I have been gold prospecting for most of my life.  I started with my grandpa Paul when I was 5, I'm now 66.  I grew up in Nevada.  I transfered gravel in Beatty, my home town, and everyplace grandpa took me to.  Rhyolite, Pioneer, Transvaal, Teluride and of course the Keene Wonder Mine of Death Valley, were all open to our way of life.

"Some things are better off kept quiet"

Impossible to accomplish here in CA along hwy 96 on the Klamath River on the New 49ers claims.  Have you any idea what our unique circumstances are?  They are bizarre to say the least.  Our enemies are filming us prospecting and then utoob post our attempts to enjoy the remainder of the spirit of gold prospecting.  Never mind the fact that they lie profusely. 

To imply that I or any bedraggled gold prospector in CA ought to keep quiet is not your normal down to earth attitude.  We here are under the microscope.  We cannot get away from the Karuk tribal, Center For Biological Diversity, fictional salmon fishermen and other routine tree huggers.  They park their car, whip out their digital camera and steal our privacy.  To be peaceful gold prospectors is what is inevitable.  Have you ever heard of a gold prospector who requires a restraining order in order to keep the flies,ticks and ant-mining people at bay?  Is it a valid request that we be respected as California prospectors who have only the simple desire to be miners?

We have met in person several years ago.  We know and understand each other just fine.  We both work to hang on to the remnants of small-scale mining.  In CA we have to be in the press and put out fires of hatred against us on a daily basis.

So please rethink your position on keeping quiet about how we mine.  We're doing what we have to do.

Hi Rod,

I was mining in California two days ago, so your issues are not as remote from me as you may believe.

I never read any posts by environmentalists or tribe members talking up this wonderful new way of beating the intent of the ban. It was all from miners.  I merely commented on what I think is obvious. I am not staking out a "position" and so have nothing to rethink. I am sorry if you took it personally as my intent was not to attack anyone.

Anyway, best wishes to you on your efforts. Maybe we will meet up again one of these days.

Some of them tree huggers must be married,they must be wearing a ring that has gold on it.Cell phones need gold wemon want gold an the government needs an uses gold.

How would that be possible without the minor?Small scale dredging has bin proven to help the fisheys.Human nature,people just need something to fight over an win since we were litle kids.It just gets more intelagent as we get older.

Good luck California.