Sign in to follow this  
Cleve

Best Place To Sell Gold Nuggets?

Where is the best place to sell gold nuggets?  I know that scrap gold buyers and refineries only give a you a price a bit less than spot price, as they have to turn around and make money selling the bullion after processing it.  Does anyone offer a higher price for nuggets than fines? 

I have always derived my best price selling direct to individuals. Next best for me is jewelers specializing in choice gold nugget jewelry, but you need to have good quality gold nuggets. And these folks often hook up with a commercial miner as a source so may already have a steady supplier at good prices. I get the best price selling my gold a gram at a time but it takes a lot of sales to sell much gold that way.

Craigslist sets the phone on fire BUT always sell within the confines of a bank as then both parties safe 100% as burns,bummers and robberies abound. I took 4 bullets to the face NOT living by my golden sales rule,so don't be a fool. Lost many friends to gold sale ripoffs-err on the side a caution as banks allow in conference rooms and or safe deposit box rooms work just fine and FREE-John

Thanks for the rapid replies!  That is good information-I'd like to avoid bullets to the face.  I've worked in the jewelry industry (in Alaska-mostly online) over 10 years.  So, I have some experience with selling natural gold, but not from the same angle as you guys.  Thanks for taking the time!