Sign in to follow this  
MadJack_ME

The Show... Season Ii

Well gentlemen, I am not returning to Greenland. I toiled with the idea of going back all winter/spring but ultimately the network or production company made the decision for me. Official word is that I "was not invited back". The other seven left Monday.

Now, while I have been released from my contract with Discovery Communication LLC [owns animal planet] I am still under a confidentiality clause. I will answer some questions but don't be pissed if I answer "can't say".

Now, on to the rest of my summer... I will be heading to Kalifornia for the month of August to help assess a claim owned by some friends, just north of Hoser's neighborhood. September/October will find me in Quebec checking another friends 9 claims just a few miles from where we have found a 1/3oz nugget and a 3/4oz nugget in Maine.

Yes we had 4 detectors on site, one being a Minelab 5000. No air-time.

Yes I prospected though most wasn't shown because the editors decided I needed to be the "wilderness guide". I'm a Licensed Master Maine Guide with 25+ years experience,  not just a wilderness guide!

Not sure if season II will air but they're heading back...

Amen GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Jack ifn' ya a mind,need a rest from driving,emergency repairs,cold one to cool your heels,drop on by in Redding.I'm home 2-3 days a week or when over 105 as jus' tooooooooooo big a ol' wusss to sweat sleep anymore. Leonard has and many 1,000s a others too. Wish ya all the best and watch out for kalif CHP as they have cut funding so now tickets MUCH easier to obtain. tons a au 2 u 2-John :D

So after watching a couple episodes of the first season, I lost interest. Did you guys ever find any gold?

What I remember is you all were finding only a few specs and colors - just not much to speak of. When they re-directed the focus to low grade rubies, I lost interest completely.

So I was just wondering if you ever got any more than the few colors.

Ultimately, the TV thing is about drama and holding the interest of the viewer - or at least what the producer thinks will hold the interest of the viewer (whether he is right or not, that's another thing altogether).

I was recently invited to go on some adventure to Siberia for a month and I turned them down (it wasn't gold prospecting). The TV thing can be a real Pain In The Behind. Producers have a thing in mind that they want to film and they warp the situation to look like that in the show, no matter what actually happens. "Reality Show" is a huge misnomer.

Leonard, thank you for the flowers and the invite. Would love to visit before we get too old to go out!

John, I was hoping to meet ya after 17+ years of online dating! LOL IF I can get the guys to stop, I'd love to pick your brain in person. So much stil left to learn from an older full-timer!

Chris, you said it, I didn't! P.I.T.A. is an understatement.

Thom Beers formula for Reality TV... says someone must leave the show, drama through creative editing, element of DANGER must be portrayed at all costs!

Well, learning you are not on the show anymore Jack, I will not be watching season 2, even if it does 'make it to air'.

And as Chris astutely pointed out, I lost interest as well when they switched from Au to Rubies.

Beav

The rubies part doesn't bother me as I was exposed to faceting a couple of years ago. It's an easy hobby for an "advancing in age" guy.

All of these shows make me feel good about some of the claims we have. We can go just about anywhere on them and find more gold per pan than they seem to do.

Leonard

I am interested in gemstones and I've done quite a bit of faceting.It is fun, and a challenge too in making it all come out right. 

But the rubies on the show were really low grade - about as transparent as a chunk of concrete.