rabbitt46

Keene 2 1/2" Dredge

NEVER ever glue any hose anywhere on a dredge. You simply use a hose clamp.If extremely hard to get on, simply dip in hot water or use a hand held hair dryer to warm and it become pliable, John

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough.  I am installing a new spiral suction hose that goes inside the metal sleeve that connects to the vortex, to suck up the gravel.  My concern was since it is spiral and has spaces around it it may suck air.

years ago I had a 2 ½ Keene dredge . served me well. it had
a nozzle jet and that went inside the hose that had external spirals but smooth
inside. sure didn’t want any spirals inside. then the hose went into the header
box tube and was held together with a hose clamp. real simple.

bill/cr

no difference or are you talking soft sewer hose that won't work anyhow.Vortex? dredges got powerjets and suction nozzles?????John

OK,  power jet.

Same hose everyone uses.  Spiral outside and smooth inside.  Same hose I use on my 3" High banker.

:rolleyes:

I would not introduce petroleum products like WD40 into my recovery system. Soap works if sliding hose onto a pipe or coupler and will not float your gold. Or a little warm water as John notes.

The hose when inserted into the quick release bullet for a Keene oversized jet is sealed in place with E6000. It is a royal pain to ever extract if you have to!

Guest Bob(AK)

All hoses are not the same size on the outside of the ribs. Some fit very tight and may even need some grinding. I always use E6000 sealant to hold it all together and be sure to fill in any spaces at the end where it fits against the seal in the jet tube. Heating in hot water as others have stated also helps,  good luck

Once heated and made pliable you can easily insert and when it cools the size stays as with that puddle jumper you will definately get plugups in the hose you can't dislodge,so removal will definately be redone. Just rebuilt mine for low water condition now as purt near bone dry-John