OK, now can we talk about the dredging opportunities around Ophir?

An in depth report and facts can help people to see the way.

OPEN? What's that mean?

No permit required within an oxbow?

The down side of very well used equipment - you can spend forever repairing it, and not mining. Seen many, many examples of this.

Plus when parts break, you order new ones - even if it takes 5 weeks to get to you, eventually you will have the new part.

Geo - hope you were able to eventually get things all running the way they were supposed to.

An exciting and inspirational story, so how did it turn out?

Did parts breakdowns, regulatory issues and the difficulties of working in the remote Alaskan outback win?

Or did the creative and innovative miners of Ophir gain the upper hand, put the rocks in the box and capture the gold?

Hope your season turned golden, still interested in hearing what happened.

I am impressed, not only with your tenacity for sticking with this goal and dream despite the adversity and obstacles, but with your ability to articulate these events so effectively in writing. It reads well, even though it is obvious to we readers that there is some whiskey drinking between sentences. :)

I think stories like this could be published in the mining journal, as ongoing series.  Subscribers will be chomping at the bit for the next installment.

I know I will.... 

Chuck,

Sure seems like gold mining for a lot of us is one step forward and two back.  That kind of life either develops resilience or it quashes dreams.  I guess we both are in the first camp, and maybe most of us who have the "fever" put up with an inordinate amount of grief in our quest.  Often when I get to feeling beat down I think of the unbelievable hardships and setbacks the old timers faced on a regular basis and then I stop whining.  As I read of your trials with the Bobcats and the added difficulties heaped on due to your remote location, I am so grateful for my operation's close proximity to Fairbanks.

So here's hoping that 2015 will be a smoother year, a banner year for you and me and all you other "little guys" out there.