Ken Byers

Headed To A Diferrent Country?

Youz d man Bill-walked the walk ,talked the talk and nuttn' like feets on the ground for many years to open eyes or great friends like you to send pix and info to educate us soft americans. You and Ken from CR (RIP) have educated soooo many to the truths in the field in CR. thanx and tons a au 2 u 2-John

Guest Elijah Withers

I have a new to me 6" dredge that I'm sending to Northern Brazil. Between myself and my father-in-law I have almost 70,000 acres to prospect on. I have spent several years in Brazil and I absolutely love it there. They like Americans...the food is great....and some of the largest unexplored gold reserves in the world lie on the Guyana Shield. In my opinion Brazil has an undeserved reputation as a dangerous place. The only gringos I know that have had problems are the ones who go to Rio to chase hookers and do drugs. If you can speak spanish portuguese is not very tough to learn.

I have talked with a gringo that lives in brazil and he
hides his pistol that  he needs for
protection, metal detector and dredge because of the mining laws. also had a
friend that lived in rio a few blocks off the beach, also lives full time in Guatemala
said it was dangerous. have you taken off your rose colored glasses ? have you
checked out mining laws yet ?

bill/cr

Guest Elijah Withers

I have been back and forth to Brazil for the past 15 years. Your friend lived where in Rio? Copacabana? The place where tourists and hookers hang out. The gold digging going on there isn't the variety I care to partake in. I have 7 more months until my youngest is out of high school, and then I will be living full time in Brazil. I'll post pictures of the gold and my dredge.

Hello am new member of this forum and subscriber of ICMJ´s magazine. I live in Brazil (SP State) and if anyone of you need any info/help will be glad to help in what I can and make new friends. I work in Finance sector of Bank of Brazil and i love to study metal detecting (i have a Garrett ATG), prospecting, geology and metallogeny of gold. Best regards to all.