Ken Byers

Headed To A Diferrent Country?

Does anyone know much about dredging in Venezuela? Got a 8" headed that way maybe a 10" and my 6" if I go. I was told to worry more about getting shot then eaten by some big lizard. The amount of gold they do a day would be hard to turn down. Any real information would be helpful, can't trust what I read on the net. I ran into a buyer that has contacts in the area he was looking for 50 POUNDS.

Ken

Caymen(think crocs),anaconda,and many critters in the water that can do ya harm. Not to mention diseases we are not immune too,parasites and on and on. A young mans game for sure. Government has nationalized many aspects of mining and gettn' gold out is extremely expensive if possible as politics in constant flux. Which is why after 10 years of lookn' for another country also I crossed it off my list as buds have been burned awfully bad there. Wish ya all the luck in the world. :D  John

From what I've read all mining in Venezuela was taken over (Nationalized) by the government a couple of years ago, they ran all foreign mining companies out of the country with no compensation for all the work and money invested in the mining properties, many of these companies had been in Venezuela for years and many of these mines were in production and very productive, this was before the death of Chavez but I'm sure nothing has changed as far as mining goes in Venezuela, you would most likely not be allowed to do any mining and if you somehow did succeed the government would most likely confiscate anything you find before they boot you out of the country with less than you had when you came into the country!!!

So I would suggest that you do your homework and then select another country!! 

Use extreme diligence as to why they need a operator- Back about 15 years ago I was recruited for a op in the then Tanyanyika(please excuse spelling as changed from Tanzania to sooo many names) anyhow seems last 2 operators munched up and died from hippos so that $100,000 plus was worthless to a deadman. Returned fronted cash and politely declined. By the by the fella who did do it-got killed in less than 5 weeks so good call. Don't let the fever taint ya but diligence sure paid off for me. Tons a au 2 u 2 and safety first-John

Feels like I'm going to a different country this week as my ol'stomping grounds in Reno and Carson City sure have changed. Nevada over perverted sicko kalif does indeed seem foreign,just might be time again to buy another place there as kalif new gun laws unmanagable,mandatory queer education of my Gkids,over taxation and NO dredging has been just too :angry:  much to tolerate anymore-John 

Hey John ,have you given any thought about New Zealand?No snakes or venimous critters and crocs like they got in Australia.A simple  term deposit account draws around 5% last time I checked and their government from what I hear is not real savey towards the whole gay education thing.Oh yea I almost forgot,they got good gold there too.---KRose.

Morning Geo, How are you this morning?First of all,I don't think New Zealand would appreciate being considered a third world country.Please re-read John's blog and note his frustration that exumes a deeper ambiance than that of just mining.Going in and out of New Zealand is no different than Austrailia.He states his frustration and exibits a desire for a different locale.I merely offer him some pros that line up with his line of thought.To others these details can be cons instead of pros.Depends upon the person.Mining is obviously his way of life and his inability to dredge at his present locale, is probably the straw that broke the camel's back.------K Rose

Very good reply.As for me ,I have NO desire to go to any of the third world countries.When my wife asked me about a passport my response was that I still have an awful lot of places that I still haven't been to in my own country.But if it came down to it and I felt I had to leave,New Zealand would be my first chioce, depending on acceptance there.I realize that moving to another country is a whole different ballgame than visiting.In New Zealand for example you need to have something to offer in terms of career,.etc. for them to take you.But I definatly agree with you that mining in third world countries is a dangerous proposition to say the least.----K Rose.

:o  OMG they kilt Reno too-would someone please help me tear down the Biggest little City sign downtown as soooooo much empty,burned down,impoverished it's sickening. 50% stores empty all over town as the Wells,kietzke area signs in Spanish and NOT english,car lots on every corner. On the VC higway overlook to look at that mess my great ol 1977 Reno has died,yuppies and cash on the outside and poverty on the inside. All 3 of my rehabs on Broadway bankowned sic sic sic  BUT Schells sporting goods-biggest on the planet to me was bloody amazing in Sparks-tear down a couple a new dead malls(you build them and they will not come) was amazing. Scratch one more spot offa my hidey hole ideas........John

Lookn' to eliminate calif income and sales tax as Nevada much better and gun/dredge laws much better also. Looking for new country to mine in as US bankrupt,mining laws bs and sick,tired,too old to play paperwork game. Gone all over Mexico-good place to die,Costa Rica gone environutz worse than US with caymen all over in the water. Seen what buds gone through in Venezuela,Bolivia,Peru and Ecuador and horrific in the end. Ghana and Sierra Leone--all of africa about as safe as downtown LA at 4 am drunk,naked and covered in 100 dollar bills. Yes new fewer taxes base of ops to leave this country to dredge elsewhere as I'll gladly take a ounce dredging than a pound tearing up a place and desecrating it forever. Just my personal preference. Run what ya brung but I'm in this for adventure,bit a danger and that ungodly rush of adreneline as the overburden slowly disappears underwater on bedrock and that righteous paystreak starts sparkling like a 1,000 lights and your young again,even for a second,is worth 100 hours a work to me-addict yes and proud of it-John

"and your young again,even for a second,is worth 100 hours a work to me-addict yes and proud of it-John"

Totally understand.  I'm only 66 and need to get back to dredging for gold.  Time's a wastin'. 

For me CA is over and done.  I dredged OR this summer for a total of 15 days, it's over too. 

My own pride caused me to dredge the Klamath for 11 days in August after CDFW shut everybody down.  I suppose I was dareing one of 'em to cite me,  never did though.  I was stared at and photographed, but I was busy being me and ignored 'em.  Sad situation.

I'm heading up north, I'm running away from down here.

Nice Job Rod, let's get you up to Idaho next year to do a little dredging.......I've seen a few dredges on the Salmon River but I think the EPA has most of us worried about getting cited......Should be out dredging this weekend since the government is shut down and therefore no EPA Nazis on the river.....

Get it on man!!! YAHOO truly hope ya suck up a pound or two-I'm a addict and proud of it as healthy for not only me but the economy and them fish sure need it now as drought has cemented gravels waaaaay beyond any uses for spawning here in kalif-John  PS-spell check hahaha forum blog and NOT literary prose.....

rockcrawler88 got to feel what it's like on the end of a 6" this year and now he................WANTS ONE...............just tell the wife it's NOT my fault.

I started this thread and I miss understood it's Honduras he was talking about.