Sign in to follow this  
Geowizard

Dowsing Debunked

44 minutes--never--1 incident does NOT prove nuttn'. I've seen/done many 100s a times when it didn't work but MUCH overshadowed by success for folks in desperate need is good enough for me.-John

It is impossible to prove things do not exist or do not work. The burden of proof falls on the believer. People can believe whatever they want. However, anyone trying to sell me a dowsing or LRL device must prove to me they work. No credible evidence exists to show that they do and so I have objections with people being sold these devices. However, using homemade rods or pendulums is harmless enough and more power to those who believe dowsing works for them.

I've seen/done many 100s a times when it didn't work but MUCH overshadowed by success for folks in desperate need is good enough for me.-John

Yup,  like Geo says, probability suggests they have to be correct sometime. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I do my dowsing with an excavator ..... works great!

After seeing it done on one of my claims and I was told "bedrock is 4 feet dpwn" by a dowser that had never seen my claim before and when I dredged down 4 feet and hit bedrock, I believe. This worked our on several places we checked out.He told me other things about hot spots and it all checked out. I don't know how or why it seems to work but I believe. On a different claim after being on it for 10 minutes or so, "sell it or trade it" The claim was in a known for gold area and after we worked it for a week 1n all the ideal places and not finding didley, I believe. My main regret is he passed away months later.

Leonard.

When a good buddy of mine told me his father-in-law was paying a local dowser $10,000 to find water on his ranch in Shandon, California (close to Paso Robles) due to the recent drought and wells being sucked dry by all the vineyards springing up like weeds; I laughed and asked him if he was serious...

The family has farmed in the area for over 100 years and yes, he was serious...

This dowser found an underground river on their property (this was 2 months ago) that has water coming from the Wasatch Range in Utah (per the isotope survey of the water... that one through me for a loop)

Anyway, the water is coming up in gushers and the property value sky-rocketed, so go figure..?