It will be interesting to see reviews on the New Minelab CTX-3030 Metal Detector. This detector incorporates most of the latest Minelab technology. It is a wide band detector that sweeps frequencies up to 100 KHz. It uses digital communication from coil to Control Box. The digital communication combined with data acquisition in the coil provides greatly improved signal to noise ratio = improved sensitivity.

- Geowizard

It is not that new. I have had mine about a year. So as Harry points out there are plenty of reviews around. Great all around detector, probably its weakest area is prospecting. Not that it can't find gold nuggets but that is not what it excels at. Was out jewelry detecting with mine yesterday but all I got was a pocket full of coins.

True, the newest Minelab detector and not much information other than trials and tribulations, etc.

It incorporates the latest Minelab technologies. Beyond the sales hype, I'm curious to know if there is much improvement. :)

- Geowizard  

Improvement over what on what? It is an incremental improvement on the E-TRAC plus it is waterproof to 10 feet. It could be about the best detector made for finding silver coins in turf. It is not so much about depth in this case but discrimination at depth, two different things.

The 100 kHz stuff is hype in that it leads people to believe the CTX is particularly hot on gold. It is not any more than most detectors designed to hunt coins. Just my opinion.