Sign in to follow this  
Reno Chris

Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors

Steve Herschbach, author for the ICMJ, long time prospector and a friend of mine, keeps a listing of metal detectors and his opinions about their strengths and weaknesses (no detector is perfect for all possibilities).  The document represents Steve's personal opinions, but because he is a very experienced prospector who has used a large number of different detectors to find gold, the information and thoughts on the different models make for very worthwhile reading. He just did an update for it at the begining of this month.

Take a look:

Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors

Guest Muley

Thank you Chris for posting Steve's recommendations, Also Jim Hemmingways articles are quite popular on metal detecting for silver, maybe you can get him to repost on this site or get permission from him to re-post.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link! Think I am all set up properly. Hope I am not breaking any rules with my signature but I did not see any rules so just went for it. I sure am glad this is up and running finally. I will make sure everyone heads this way from the AMDS forums.

Steve Herschbach

Thanks guys. I am having fun - I like building websites. And a lot of building left to do! I have a million ideas for additions but until I finally get out the door and finally gone from my regular day job (last day May 17) it is just a bit here and a bit there. Right now writing for the ICMJ has priority!

Guest Lucky Joe

Great list and info from someone who knows what he is talking about.

Chris - "No rules"? I'll try and get my banner ads embedded in my posts before those new policies get posted... that way I'll be grandfathered in.

Steve, As always I look forward to reading all that you write, you are always very informative and educational. between you and Reno Chris ICMJ is going too have find a bigger / faster printing press to keep up with the new subscriptions :D

Muley.

Guest Greenlandzone
Thanks. I was searching the same information since many months. Thanks for your hard work.

Hey Geowizard - can you give us a report on your mining season? Maybe in a separate thread all your own?

I would be very interested to hear how things went.

At Jack Wade Creek in the 40 mile district of Alaska this year we saw what was essentially a giant high banker set and it made me think of your big high banker units. By the way the folks at Jack Wade were doing well with their mining and I hope you were having good success also.