Sign in to follow this  
Scott Harn - Editor

Online Flip Version Of Mining Journal For Ipad & Android

After nearly a year in the works, we are releasing an online flip version of ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal.

The new version is compatible with a PC, Mac, iPad or Android device.

Our goal is to reach out to the next generation of prospectors and miners who might prefer reading our monthly issues on a desktop computer or portable device.  Before you start worrying, we have no plans whatsoever to discontinue the printed version of our publication!

We are striving to get all the bugs worked out in time to add this new version for our upcoming July 2014 issue, but it may be a few weeks into August to get it done.

Those subscribers who have an online subscription (or online access added to their print subscription) will receive an email when the new flip version is released.

One very nice benefit is that all website and email address links in the flip version are "live."  If you click on a website link in the text or on an advertisement, you will be taken to that website.  The same is true for email addresses.

If you would like to check it out, here is a link to a sample copy (April 2014 issue).

Additional features will included in the final version, including jumping from the Table of Contents to specific articles.

Give it a try, and feel free to post comments/suggestions below.

Scott Harn
Editor/Publisher
ICMJs Prospecting and Mining Journal

Scott,

That is excellent, way to get out in front of it.  I like the idea that you guys recognize the importance of catering to the younger generation of future prospectors.  I read most of my content now on-line and it will be great to have the Journal in Flip format.

JR

Thanks JR.  I did a little online advertising in a few other countries to test out the interest. The online version is obviously much cheaper for us (and for foreign readers) when we don't have to mail a copy overseas. In just a few hours, we had 5,543 downloads in places like Peru, Ghana, Guyana, Brazil, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Burkino Faso...

We are obviously excited about this opportunity to further expand our readership and many of our advertisers will certainly like the results.

Scott or Chris,

The on-line 3D version is great.  I am not a computer expert so I have a question.  I am wanting to copy Ray Mill's article in the current issue.  I keep a person folder on his adventures for my own personal bucket list. 

How do I (can I) make a PDF from within the 3D viewer?  I have adobe professional but it will not accept my efforts to copy Ray's pages or convert from the web address.  Or would it be possible for there to be a link to a PDF version of the monthly.

Thanks, Tad

...or you can look at the article at www.icmj.com and click on the "print" link at the top right of each article page for a clean copy if you are an online subscriber.

Here's the page, and you'll see the print link to the right of the title. (You have to log in to see it, so those of you who don't have an online subscription won't see it.)

Also, in case you didn't know it, you can click on "About Us" then "Writers" and look up all the articles we've published by a particular writer for the past 15 years.

Scott