OK, you have proven your point, AEM's can find big chunks of metal, not really the metal I was looking for.....just say'n

When are you going to do the same for some AU and put us on the gold?

If it helps I am willing to disclose the location of a confirmed 500 ppm AU placer (unclaimed), if you are willing to do the same, or at least address how the AEM can detect the conductive overburden at the same location????  Up to the challenge?

Will also be interesting to see if anyone throws some claims down on it as well.

Those look like some good choices. 

Below is the placer 500ppm AU that was found by USGS.  No claims ever filed, I even went to the State Geologic office at Eagle River a few years ago to check the old Kardex files, nothing filed before 1980s as well.

GeoChemical ID Number: 

Location removed by request

If you download and bring up the GeoChemical dbase (in goggle earth) for that area you will want sample xxxxxx.  Let me know if you have a hard time finding it.

What I look forward to hearing is your interp of the of the Mag and Resistivity map for that area and if you are able to apply some of the principles mentioned in this thread.

Back to the AEM data and maps.

Discussion back around post 7 through 20 (or so) implies that using the AEM maps and data was liken to that of a metal detector and with seemingly relative ease one could find valuable prospecting locations, be placed on the gold, and an "X" would mark the spot.  I am still having a problem getting my head wrapped around that.

In hopes of "getting it" I proposed some locations as examples to apply the interpretation method being discussed in this thread just to see if it were truly that easy.  Below is my summary.

Point 1: 

A high grade, well known and published (un-mined) gold deposit was proposed.  All the AEM data, maps and report are available and reviewed.  But the 39,000,000 ounce AU deposit remains hidden from the data.

Point 2:

A known placer deposit, at the surface, where the testing of -80 mesh indicates 16 oz/t AU was also reviewed with the AEM data, maps and report, again the deposit can not be identified by interpretation of the data.

Point 3:

The only anomaly that was identified was a cultural metallic target in the old town of Flat, most likely a bulldozer or the old dredge.

I am not really looking to discuss each one separately again, but looking at the totality of the results so far, one has to conclude that AEM is good for defining the Magnetic composition of rock units/OB in 3D, Conductivity/Resistivity of Rock units/OB in 3D, geology in 3D, contact zones, fault, bulldozers, big dredges...etc; but not good at putting 1000's "X"s on a map indicating hidden valuable mineral deposits.

As I stated earlier, it is not my intention of questioning the man, but I do question the method.  I do not think this interpretation method is a bunch of WAGs, but better described as educated guesses and estimations that require more time honored and proven methods to substantiate. 

Nothing will detect disseminated or divided placer gold.

Just flat out not true. Geophysics are used all the time in the search for finely divided disseminated gold in Nevada. I was at a mining show this week and several geophysics companies were touting their ability to do so.

Geo - you've said yourself that geophysics are used all the time in the search for diamonds (which is true), and no geophysics can directly detect diamonds in the ground. So there is your clue to figure out how geophysics is used in finding disseminated gold.

Because of recent interruptions, I have not gotten to the process of how, why and where to place the "X".

Well excuse me! You obfuscate and don't answer any of my questions, so I cant see as it has actually delayed you any.

The Iditarod Mining District has recorded almost 1,500,000 troy ounces of gold production in less than 100 years.

You just have to wonder where it all came from!

According to DGGS, all but 2,930 ounces came from placer deposits. The lode is from small stringer veins that are narrow and high grade in places, but barren in others. Pretty likely that the bulk of the Iditarod gold has come from spotty little vein systems like the known ones, though one cant deny the slight possibility that there could be commercial grade deposits.