Martial B

New Blm Fee's

New rental fees? Did I miss something?  I assume you are talking about the annual Maintenance Fee we have to

pay per claim.  Well, I doubt any of us like it, but be prepared for it to become even worse.

Remember, if you have 10 claims or fewer you can file a waiver.

New fee's are as follow's

1- 20 acres or less $ 140.00

2-For every 20.1 to 40 aces an additional $140.00

3- The maintenance fee for a 20.1 acre placer claim is $280.00,a 40.1 acre placer claim is $ 420.00 and it goes up from there.

I had a one hundred acre claim in California. Guess what I let it go. The BLM raising there fee's and the enviromental wacko's

in California getting dredging band. OH! and the Forest service sending me a nasty letter about having a couple of barrel's on my

claim, that i had some tools stored in. That was just to much. I don't need that s##t.

The fee's I posted is off the card the BLM sent me.

We had a 'character' filing 160's all around the Pierce - Weippe area for years. He'd cut them up into 10 or 20 acre pieces with maybe 300 feet of creek...guess you can imagine how he cut them up. (all done on Google Earth) Then, up on eBay they went. Pizzed us locals off something fierce as he had the good ground tied up in his Real Estate claims.

So, along comes the new BLM fees and guess what....no more Real Estate claims.

I've got over 100 acres spread over 3 claims and realize at my age, I'm not going to able to work all that ground so I'll be liquidating 40 acres this year and maybe 40 more next year. The smallest piece is the best, so that will stay in inventory.

Bob

There's plenty of new ground. I dropped everything in the CONUS except a 40 acre silver property.

So, you can claim all the ground you can afford. But, you can't mine it. Panning isn't exactly what can be called mining. It's a great hobby but hard work. Permitting is getting harder to obtain. On USFS domain the permitting can take 6 years. BLM is less, then there's the bonding requirements and reclamation. BLM is amping up inspections and miners are subject to fines if things aren't per the permit. etc. 

Plenty of other places to play! In 2010, I moved my mining program to Alaska.

- Geowizard

I've got to say, that this is my first year being serious about gold, I have researched many hours and STILL am green... Claims are one thing I guess is going to take a while to understand the legal process, and just understanding on how to locate unclaimed lands or claims that have been dropped.  I think many people who are looking for claims, actually have no clue where to look or even how to look. I used the mapper tool to the best of my understanding and after using several maps and legends I found land that i thought might have not been claimed. This is where I got stuck, because I was unsure on how to validate that these lands are available to claim. but I know claims are out there, I just feel there is no real in depth instructions on claiming lands, or I just havent looked hard enough.

We've gone over instructions for claiming lands in a few articles, and try to revisit the subject every once in awhile for new readers.

Here's a few articles we've published on the subject:

Buying a Mining Claim: Questions to Ask (March 2013, Vol. 82, No. 7)

How to Complete Assessment Work and Claim Maintenance, (July 2009, Vol. 78., No. 11)
Mining Claims—What to Know Before You File, (April 2011, Vol. 80, No. 8)
Researching and Staking Mining Claims—Part I, (Dec. 2006, Vol. 76, No. 4)
Researching and Staking Mining Claims—Part II, (Jan. 2007, Vol. 76, No. 5)

Thanks Alot Scott, I will look at these articles cause I know they are full of useful knowledge! I just recent joined your site here and haven't gone through all the resources yet ;) I appreciate ya for citing those for me.