Sign in to follow this  
IdahoJim

Finished The Shaker Table

I built this table a couple of years ago. Been fiddling with it off and on, Finally decided to get it done. The drive unit was the trouble spot, but I got that solved this week. Now that it's done I noticed a problem I didn't know I had. The riffle taper is too steep. They are about 1/4" high at the feed end, and they should have been 1/8". The table slopes up from right to left, so the riffles are level, and the water flows across them. You can't lower the slope of the table, because the water would then flow along the riffles, which would force all the material to the con end....bad. Other than that, the table seems to work well. The video is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffaxWOwWxJs

Any suggestions, questions, etc....welcome!

Jim

Thanks for the kind words, Ron. The table has been a JOB...LOL. I made one significant change since I posted that video....I lowered the slope of the riffles. That lowered the upslope of the table, and gave me MUCH more separation of the tungsten from the black sand. You can see the changes, and results, here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNlCFUd6c-M

Still have a few minor mods, but it's mostly done. I hadn't planned on selling plans for the table, but have had some requests, so will get busy on drawing it up, and getting some build pics done.....it's snowing here, so nothing else to do.

Jim