Reno Chris

Gold Deposit Geology

This paper is kind of technical, but is packed with all kinds of interesting information about the geologic settings for hard rock gold deposits and how they form. Take a look and see what you think. If you want to post any questions about it, feel free and I will do my best to answer them.

https://www.explorationinsights.com/MediaLib/Downloads/Home/Models%20and%20Exploration%20Methods%20for%20Major%20Gold%20Deposit%20Types.pdf

Guest chickenminer

Chris,

Tnx for posting. It'll take a while to digest it but I'm sure I'll be back with questions!

Guest Kelly S

I dont know where to start either so i will be back too.Kelly starkey     now where did i put those ore samples & my jurnal notes?????

That's a good paper Chris. I like the clear illustrations. Thanks for posting it here.  :D 

I've got that one and a lot more in my library. Would this be an appropriate place to post them?

Can we upload PDFs and stuff into these forums? 

Thanks Chris.  :)

Seems like some pretty good rules. I will post these in their own threads if that's OK?

What if a paper is out of Copyright? Do you mind hosting it here? I'm running out of room on my server or I would host them from there.

Barry

We are not hosting this forum on our own server, but on another host specifically set up for forums.

The internet archive like you posted the Districts of CA book on is fine, and they do the research to deterimine if its in copyright or not. They are much better than some other sources that put up books even when they are still under copyright protection (wont mention any names, but think of a big G).

The ICMJ does its best to stay away from copyright problems and respect the legal rights of others.

Yes, feel free to post more links like the one you did with the Districts of CA.

Chris

The paper Chris cited is a "keeper". I have posted links to it on other forums in the past year. Forums and websites like Chris's website become a repository of knowledge over time. The AMDS forum and Alaska Gold Forum to name a couple are searchable. They stand as knowledge bases for all who wish to learn more about this fascinating subject! :)

- Geowizard

Guest MT-AZ HP

Chris, All about quartz part 1 is of great interest to me . I'm supprised about how little i knew about the formation of Quartz. looking forward to part 2. in ICMJ . .

Thanks Harry

Guest MT-AZ HP

Chris, sorry about the post i should have posted it under a new topic. Just getting used to posting on the ICMJ forums.