Sign in to follow this  
Scott Harn - Editor

2016 Gold Prospecting And Mining Summit In Placerville

We only do this every two years. It's going to be April 16-17 this time, with additional hands-on training classes on Friday April 15 & Monday April 18. Our underground class sold out in the first 48 hours, but there is still some room in the above ground placer class.

Booth spaces are sold out for the vendor/lecture/exhibit portion on Saturday & Sunday. Lecture schedule is now set.

More info: www.icmj.com/miningsummit.php

Hi Scott,

Would love to be able to make the Mining Summit, but this year is out of the question. Is there any plan to record the lectures and make them available either via youtube or a subscription? Or any other means..... I for one would really be interested in the information these gentlemen have to share. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Dave

I just heard a rumor that Charlie Watson from Advanced Geologic will be a guest speaker teaching about mining claims.  I am completely dumbfounded.  This is the guy you would want to be speaking if you were teaching how to claim jump, over file, defraud the BLM out of the fees associated filing claims, abusing the small miners waiver, and basically breaking every rule in the book and get away with it.  Numerous complaints have been filed with BLM yet they will do nothing.  Just call BLM and ask them if they know Watson.  If you would like I can provide court documentation that cost me $6000.00 to get our claim back after Charlie over filed on top of us, fraudulently back dated his paperwork to the day before we filed (this was two months after we flied) .  You would be hard pressed to find any miner in Plumas county that will speak favorably of this clown.  Do a little background on this guy, ask around before you actually have him speak at your show.

Hopefully this is just a rumor and you're really not seriously entertaining having him be a part of the show.

Just my .02

Just have to say that the Gold Prospect and Mining Summit in Placerville this past weekend was great and thanks to Scott, his wife and their group for putting it on.

Thanks again........... till 2018