Sign in to follow this  
KenAslan

Claim size

Just got an email from the infamous GRE (Gold Rush Expeditions) trying to sell me a Lode Claim here in Montana. (side note - nobody should EVER buy from them). The claim is a Lode Claim, however they state that it is 20 Acres in size. How can they do that? Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it, the maximum size for a lode claim is 1500 feet by 600 feet, that is nowhere near 20 Acres. I am not an attorney in my mind this should invalidate any claim they are making as it is against the code of federal regulations (43 CFR Part 3832.22).

§ 3832.22 How much land may I include in my mining claim? (a) Lode claims. Lode claims must not exceed 1,500 by 600 feet. If there is a vein, lode, or ledge, each lode claim is limited to a maximum of 1,500 feet along the course of the vein, lode, or ledge and a maximum of 300 feet in width on each side of the middle of the vein, lode, or ledge.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:31 PM, Doug M said:

1500x600 is twenty acres im not sure what the regs are on lode claims if chris chimes in he will know

Not to put too fine a point on it, but 600 x 1,500' is actually 20.66 acres.

Jim

I stand corrected, Thank you.  for some stupid reason I thought it was more like 5 acres.  I should have done the math.  I know better than that.  But alas, I am an electrical engineer, not a civil engineer.