Sign in to follow this  
Nathan J

Private land lease document example needed

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but have been a member for a while. I love all the hard work and good insights that go into this community. 

I thought I might start with a quick question on lease agreements. We are looking at proposing a placer mine lease here in Montana on private land. I assume that if it is unpatented that we need to work with the landowner and get a claim underneath it to start? 
My main question is does anyone have a good Lease agreement template for  small acreage mining operations (2 - 5 acres)? If not, any guidance on how to prepare one of these would be greatly appreciated. 

Best,
Nathan

Honestly, I am confused by your question. There are some rare circumstances where private property does not include mineral rights and those mineral rights can be claimed as an unpatented mining claim. Normally this is on ranch land. However, the owner can prevent you from working the property as he has surface rights. My suggestion would be to first find out the actual status of the property first, then consider what the possibilities are. Many of these ranchers would not receive miners on their land easily.